2021 Photo Competition
Residents of Hampstead Garden Suburb are invited to submit photographs to the Annual ‘Suburb News’ Photography Competition. This year’s theme is ‘Sunshine’.
Please read through the competition details below. You will be able to submit your entry at the bottom of this page.
1. Submit your photo not later than Sunday 19th September 2021
2. One photo only per resident please.
3. Your photograph must be in colour, in jpg format, and no more than 10 megabytes.
4. Your photograph must have been taken on or after 5th June 2021
5. If you submit a photograph taken on private property you must have obtained the permission of the property owner.
6. If you submit a photograph with a recognisable face, you must have obtained the permission of the person concerned or of their guardian or carer.
7. The decisions of the Editors of Suburb News on all aspects of the competition are final.
1. The site will be open for submissions until 19th September.
2. When submitting your photograph please confirm that you have read the rules of the competition and please provide the details requested including: confirming that you yourself took the photograph, your name, address, email address, phone number and age if you are under 18 years on 5th June 2021. You will be able to supply a short note about how your photograph relates to the theme of ‘sunshine’.
3. If you are under 18 years old on the date of submission, your photograph must be submitted by your parent or guardian who must provide their own contact details.
4. Submission of your photo will constitute confirmation that you are willing for your photograph to be reproduced (with acknowledgement to you) by Suburb News and by the HGS Residents Association, in print and on websites.
1. Judging will be by a Panel of judges selected by the Editors of ‘Suburb News’
2. Judging will take place after the closing date, 19th September 2021.
3. There is no formal competition prize but, at the discretion of the Editors, the best 3 photographs chosen by the judges will be published in the December 2021 edition of Suburb News.
4. Photographs submitted by under-18s will be judged separately and, at the discretion of the Editors, the winning photograph(s) will be published in the ‘Suburb Youth’ section of Suburb News.
5. All submitted entries will be viewable on the HGSRA website after judging.
6. Some photographs may, at the discretion of the Editors, be offered for inclusion in the HGS Virtual Museum and, if accepted, will be posted by Heritage with permission of the photographer.
Submit Your Entry:
By submitting your entry you confirm that you have read and agree to the competition rules above.